From our home base in Albany, Western Australia, we import and roast the finest coffee from around the world.
The Naked Bean is fuelled by a passion for excellence, a love of great coffee and a desire to share the secrets of making a superior cuppa.
What began as a tiny operation in the corner of a café in 2001 is now a dedicated roasting outfit producing consistently great coffee. Our enhanced roasting techniques and distinctive coffee making practices distinguish us as leaders in the world of boutique coffee.
We've searched the world's finest coffee producing countries for the best quality beans. From Papua New Guinea to East Timor, Ethiopia to Kenya, Mexico to Brazil, we now source the finest beans to create our extensive range of single origin coffees.
Here at the Naked Bean we love to try all the different coffees that are roasted on the premises. We all enjoy our coffees a different way, which allows us to pick the right one for you.
This month we are featuring the Organic PNG Keromine AX. This coffee has a flavour profile of dark notes of toffee, cocoa and blackcurrants going through to a long dark toffee, cream and chocolate finish.
Brewing great coffee is easy!
At the naked bean coffee roasters we're dedicated to helping you make the perfect cup of coffee, every time.
We select only premium grade beans from some of the world's best growers - these we roast with the care they deserve to ensure the very best aromas and flavours in the cup.
Storing your coffee
After opening, store your coffee in an airtight container in a cool dark place where the temperature does not vary too much. Oxygen is the biggest enemy of fresh coffee. If possible, invest in a grinder and grind on demand.
Plunger Grind medium
Coffee brewed by this method is rich, full-bodied and fully extracted.
Plunger coffee requires the correct grind to avoid excess sediment in the cup.
- Bring clean fresh water to the boil and let rest for 60 seconds
- Pre-heat carafe
- Measure 7-10 grams or one heaped dessert spoon per cup
- Pour hot water over coffee and stir
- Allow coffee to brew for 2-3 minutes, then plunge the filter down slowly and carefully
- Serve immediately into pre-warmed cups
Drip Filter Grind medium-fine
- Place coffee into filter cone
- Put approximately two tablespoons per cup
- Pour cold fresh water into tank
- Switch on machine and allow to brew
- Serve immediately
Coffee will become bitter if allowed to stand on the hot plate for too long.
Stove Top Espresso Grind fine
Coffee brewed this way, is heavy with strong aroma and can be used as a base for many drinks - cappuccino, cafe latte, and mocha.
- Fill base with cold fresh water to safety valve
- Fill basket to the top with ground coffee and gently smooth to create a flat surface
- Place stove top on electric or gas burner
- Remove espresso pot from heat as soon as gurgling sound begins and stir
- Add preheated milk or water if desired; over-heated milk will detract from the coffee's flavour
242 Middleton Road, Albany, WA 6330
(Corner Campbell Road)
+61 8 9841 4225
Monday-Friday 7.30am - 5pm
Please note that online orders will not be dispatched on Fridays so to avoid having your coffee in the postal service for two days.
Orders received before 12pm will be dispatched the same day.
We opened a dedicated coffee roasting operation at the Naked Bean Warehouse in 2002. It's now our buzzing headquarters - the place where people meet, drink coffee, buy beans and smell the latest batch roasting in our trusty Portugese roaster.
We have a loyal local following with whom we love to share our passion for great coffee. We're also passionate about the community at large.